Monday, September 1, 2008

10: Grandma, Separation, & Shots

Grandma Bonnie came to stay with us for two weeks while I went back to work. She made being separate from Christian a little easier. She is also spoiling us rotten by cooking dinner each night and cleaning our house.




Christian absolutely adores Grandma. I think it's a mixture of the perfectly tuned baby talk and her gentle, loving cradle arms.





(His shirt got stuck on his head)



Christian bats at his toys, even grabbing onto some of them. He loves to look at the fan or anything moving. He also will stare intently at you when you are talking to him. He loves to listen to people talk. He is a very sweet baby.



Christian had his two week checkup. He weighs 13.5 lbs! He's in the 70% for weight. He is extremely healthy. He also received three shots and an oral immunization. This was rough. I talked to him while he screamed. I was choking back tears. It was so hard to see him in pain, but I know he needs these immunizations. I was able to calm him down quickly. And he went home with Grandma while I went to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After being with Christian for two weeks, I can honestly say that he is such a good baby and has the sweetest smile and personality.
I now wish I didn't have to work and could move to MN and baby sit him every single day. I think I'm having separation anxiety because I miss him so much.