Dear Squeaky,
You are at home in your little bassinet. You are safe and loved and tucked in. I am in Madison for work. I am alone in this big bed in an empty hotel room. This is our first night apart.
I am gazing at your picture, missing you terribly. You are so perfect and wonderful. You are my heart. I adore you and love you with all my being.
My favorite part of the day is waking up to your coos and wide smile. Your laugh and smile is incredibly infectious. No one is immune to your charm.
This is the first night I have not held you in my arms and rocked you to sleep. This is the first night you have not drifted off to sleep to the sound of my voice. I know you fell asleep in loving arms, in trusting arms. Whether it was Daddy or Grandma, my heart knows you were well taken care of.
I know there will be many nights in our lifetime that will be spent apart. But none will be as difficult, as painful as this night.
I miss you, Christian, my baby. I can hardly wait to see you tomorrow. Until then, I will keep your photo close and think of you often.
I love you.
Love,
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
:) "Rock you to sleet." I like it.
It must have been tough being away from that smile. I love that you are keeping such a record for him, for yourself.
I lmost cried......
Post a Comment